Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Looking Back

When I posted my Top Ten Brick Walls, I should have mentioned that I realize $100 to solve a break through was a small amount. I could pay more, because I know the time and energy it would take to do it. Especially since I've spent years working on them.


Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my one year Blogiversary. If I ever want to remember what I did this past year, well that is my answer, I actually had a blog.


A follow-up on my blog about Historical Societies, this is the post now contains more photos of Historical Societies in New England. This month, I took additional pictures, they are from Massachusetts: Chelmsford Historical Society and Dracut Historical Society. From Maine is the Pejepscot Historical Society Museums in Brunswick.

This month was pretty good for picture taking. Yesterday, I shared my day in three cemeteries, they were: Mount Auburn in Cambridge, MA (2), Lowell Cemetery, Lowell, MA and West Parish Cemetery in Andover, MA. Photos from all three (in order) are below. Yes, these are from cemeteries, although they look like parks.