My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday -- BALLARD

Josiah Ballard and his wife Sarah Carter Ballard, My 6th great grandparents.
Middle Cemetery, Lancaster, Worcester Co., Massachusetts

Josiah Ballard
Born: August 14, 1721, Andover, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Died: August 06, 1799, Lancaster, Worcester Co., Massachusetts
Josiah was a Revolutionary War Patriot

Sarah Carter Ballard
Born: November 10, 1725, Lancaster, Worcester Co., Massachusetts
Died: March 31, 1799, Lancaster, Worcester Co., Massachusetts


Normally, I don't do cemetery hunting in November in Massachusetts, it must have been a very warm day. The FindAGrave site for Josiah is: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=1425683&GRid=19553751


Also at the cemetery is their son, Jeremiah Ballard, which I didn't know about until 11/22/09.

2 comments:

dilaferriere said...

Barbara, Those are great photo's, I can read everything on them.
Diane Laferriere (GLGC)

Barbara Poole said...

Hi Diane, At last a person I know left a comment, feels nice. Thank you. Made great strides in finding information regarding that photo, and made a distant family connection. Will blog about it next week.