Mr. Brown stated that he entered the service of the
It is gratifying to know that the old veteran received an annual pension of $117.33, rated from March, 1831, though he lived only three years to enjoy it.
Engisn Jonas Brown moved from
Aug. 10, 1784, Jonas Brown married Hannah, second daughter of Major Ephraim and Sarah (Conant) Heald, who was the first female child born in
1. Jonas, b. July 18, 1785, removed to
2. Charles, b. Aug. 16, 1787, married Lydia Woods, and removed to
3. Ephraim, b. July 13, 1790, married Sarah King, of
4. Lucas, b. Sept. 17, 1792, moved to
5. John, whose sketch follows.
6. Polly, b. Feb. 17, 1798, married Jeremiah Cutter, of
7. Cyrus, b. Dec. 21, 1800, married Harriet Weston, and moved to
8. Thomas Buckley, b. March 16, 1803, married Martha Farnham, and moved to
of the State of Maine
Compiled under the editorial supervision of George Thomas Little, A. M., Litt. D.
Lewis Historical Publishing Company,
Transcribed by Coralynn Brown