Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Bash

The day Hurricane Irene hit Massachusetts and New Hampshire was the day we had our first GeneaBlogger Bash on August 27th. It was held at the Rojo's home in Londonderry, New Hampshire. The idea was formed in the early summer when I suggested we should have a Jamboree, so the bloggers could meet one another. The title had to be changed, due to a request, so I suggested "Bash". Heather ran with it, and offered her house as a location. I took the photo for the logo. Heather seemed to enjoy the rest of the planning and preparing the cookout, while the bloggers brought food. We all enjoyed ourselves.


View from the Rojo deck
Because of the storm, quite a few unhappy bloggers backed out. But those who attended left around 4:30, just as it began to rain. What a wonderful time, lots of good talk, meeting new people and great food. I don't believe this will be the last Bash.
Heather and Vincent Rojo

Pam Seavey Schaffner and Kevin Grooms
Russ Worthington
Elizabeth Pyle Handler, her husband Steve,
and Sara Campbell
Liesa Healy-Miller, Pam Seavey Schaffner
and Russ Worthington
Shari Strahan and Michelle Robillard
Laura Prescott and Kevin Grooms
Some of the food
Can't forget their flowers
Angel
Photo of Nubble Lighthouse in York, Maine, taken in Aug. 2011