My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Sights -- Lowell, Massachusetts #1

Boarding House Park, Lowell, Massachusetts







Central Street, Lowell, Massachusetts

7 comments:

Carol said...

What a charming place you live in.

Jenna said...

Great photos! And yes, I have Lowell, MA with my Varnum line. Lovely place.

Barbara Poole said...

Thanks Carol, I appreciate your comment. And Jenna, you too, as well as learning that you have the Varnum line (a very well-known family). Are you stuck with this family?

Jenna said...

Barbara, the farthest I have back on the Varnums is Josiah, who married Lucy Rowe in 1802. I believe that Lucy is buried in Lowell. I don't know about Josiah. He is my 4th great grandfather. I recently found quite a bit of information on the Varnums, but haven't had a chance to analyze and put the pieces together.

Heather Rojo said...

I love your photos, Barbara! I was in Lowell the other day to pick up my daughter at the train station (she took the wrong line!) Jenna, if you are stuck on Josiah Varnum try looking at FARNHAM (same family).

Cynthia Shenette said...

Great photos! I visited the Lowell NHP a long time ago. Your pictures make me feel like I need to make another visit!

Barbara Poole said...

Heather and Cindy, thanks and I will be posting more.