My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Sights -- Lowell, Massachusetts #2












4 comments:

Carol said...

What a lovely town. As always, love your photos.

Heather Rojo said...

I love these photos, especially the canals. I can't think of another city in New England that has done such a nice job preserving the canals. Nashua, Manchester, Lawrence, Haverhill, etc. have all filled in their canals and lost what makes Lowell a special place historically.

Barbara Poole said...

Thanks ladies. These photos were taken last fall, and I'm glad you like them. Lowell did fill in canals too, but fortunately removed them over the years (it was a shock when I returned after being away 20 yrs.).

Cynthia Shenette said...

I really enjoyed these photos as well. Unfortunately I didn't get chosen to chaperone my son's field trip to Lowell. I'm definitely disappointed, but would like to try to get up there again sometime soon...