My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday -- WILCOX (2 Generations) Genesee Co., New York

Wilcox Monument, with husband and wife listed on the sides.

Joseph Wilcox
Born:  February 28, 1798, Hamilton, New York
Died:  May 10, 1869, Oswego Co., New York
Joseph and his wife, Melissa are my 1st cousins, 5 times removed.


His wife, Melissa Abbott
Born:  September 07, 1802
Died:  December 07, 1853, Oswego Co., New York

Wilcox Monument and stones of children, Abbott and Eunice.

Joseph and Melissa Abbott Wilcox's son, Joseph Yates Wilcox below.
Joseph Yates Wilcox
Born:  November 11, 1832, Palermo, Oswego Co., New York
Died: March 07, 1902, New York


His wife, Grace Adams (my 2nd great-grandaunt)
Born:   May 23, 1832, New York
Died:  After 1900, New York
Palermo Cemetery, Palermo, Oswego Co., New York


(Photos taken by my cousin, Claire and used with permission.)

2 comments:

Apple said...

I drive by this cemetery often but have never stopped. On my long to-do list.

Barbara said...

Charley, I was pretty sure you would know of it. Couldn't wait to post this. Thanks for writing.