As I find more hints, from my notes, I will add them to this list.
2. Spinsters can be married; it doesn't mean single, unmarried or an old maid. She is responsible for herself.* Please see Martin Hollick's message in the comments section below.
3. The word, Consort, can be male or female, husband or wife. It is a companion or partner.
4. About 25% of men left a will, and 60% had their estate probated.
5. Newspapers are an excellent source for marriages, especially if a courthouse burned.
6. A lot of widows remarried with one year.
7. Wills can be in deed books.
8. Many public records have wrong spelling.
9. The settlement of an estate is the most valuable record, because of the names.
10. Almost all the records in the United States were for men.