My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wedding on December 25, 1888

I love this tree, and think it goes well on this post for the Victorian Wedding of my great-grandparents on Christmas Day.  (Used with permission from Thomas MacEntee.)
Marriage Announcement of their Christmas Wedding, Dec. 25, 1888.
Marriage Certificate for my great-grandparents.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How sweet that your great-grandparents got married on Christmas.

BTW, I thought I recognized that tree! :-)

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Elizabeth
Little Bytes of Life

Lori said...

Made it easy to remember their anniversary! :)

Barbara Poole said...

Elizabeth, thank you for the comment. Yes, I asked Tom last week if I could use it, it is so beautiful...I am not that good of a photographer I will be thinking of you with your family and esp. your daughter after Santa arrives! Merry Christmas too.

Lori, The wedding annoucement was about to be tossed out, and I said, "no way, I want it." Thank you for your comment. And, may you have a Merry Christmas also.

rosie said...

I already bookmarked this for future re-readings. I have skimmed through the page and I see you've written a lot of cool tips. Thanks a lot for sharing....


Birth Records