My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Solomon and Hephzibah Prentice

Old Burying Ground, Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Below are stones of my ancestors.  They were my 7th great-grandparents.

Solomon Prentice
Born:  September 23, 1646, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Died:  July 24, 1719, Cambridge, Massachusetts
(Much better photo at Find-A-Grave

His wife, Hephzibah Dunton
Born:  About 1653
Died:  January 15, 1741/42, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You can see the footstone (above) behind the headstone.
Cemetery is across the street from Harvard University  See: Google Maps

2 comments:

lindalee said...

Very interesting. Lived in Boston for two years while my husband was in grad school. I wish I had been more interested in genealogy and cemeteries then. Many trips to Harvard Square, but never the cemetery. Thanks for the post.

Barbara Poole said...

I know what you mean, but you were really young, and had other things on your mind. BTW, I am going to comment on your post tomorrow (computer about to go to sleep), I love those photos, never knew the groundhog had a park! Thank you for writing.