Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bits of News, Magazines

Genealogy and Google just seem to go together, then throw in any information about computers.  Now you have three topics that make for an educated person, even if you don't know what the heck they are writing about. You are educated in the sense you read it, but do you understand it?  Sometimes magazines speak our language a bit simpler, so once again, I'm discussing some recent magazines I received.

PC World has a number of articles pertaining to computer security. Family Circle has a nice article called "Backup Plan" covering software, online backups and external drives.  Smart Computing has several that I enjoyed and understood. Included are, "Google, More than a Search Engine," "Cruising In the Cloud" and "Share Your World on the Web" Head-to-Head: Blog Services, a three full page review of five blog hosting services.