Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good decision for me

If I hadn't canceled my trip to Salt Lake City (SLC) for the week of National Genealogical Society NGS lectures and Family History Library research, I would be on the plane now. However, I changed the November reservations a month ago, and believe it was the best decision...at least that is what I tell myself. Why? The main reason is, I wasn't prepared and all the material I found there less than two years ago is still in a pile on my desk, with nothing entered in my computer. I could have gone to the Library and done the same look-ups as in the past.

I love the Family History Center at SLC, I would live there if possible, but when it is too crowded, no thanks. A discussion with DAR and NEHGS librarians and other people made me feel better because they also felt the same way, too many people at one place. Now, I will follow my own advice and order some lectures after the conference, as written in Can't Get to a Conference? The blogging attendees will keep me and others informed of their activities, and I look forward to reading their posts. Granted they will meet new people, see old friends, go out to eat, socialize and have a great time. I will follow along on the computer and hope all of you have a wonderful time. Don't forget to do some research.