Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Still Celebrating April 19th, Patroits Day in Boston and Lexington

Today is a state holiday and the state offices, many schools and businesses are closed. But it is far from boring in Boston. Today was the 114th running of the Boston Marathon. It was my first trip in to see it, and it was because my nephew was running, and he completed it. Although we were packed like sardines in the city, I think the 28,000+ runners and all visitors and press had a wonderful time. The day began very cool, but it warmed up nicely and it seemed that everybody was in a slow hurry to get out of town. We relaxed and drove through Cambridge, Arlington, and of course Lexington.
Boston Public Library with flags and runners, seconds from the finish line.
Runners just passed the Finish line.
My nephew finishing the Marathon. We are so proud of him.

After the race, we strolled through the Boston Public Gardens and saw the State Capitol.
Famous swan boats.
State Capitol

The trip home was through Lexington, MA
Below are the library, my old Jr. High School, Visitors Center and one of the Fire Stations, just about everything is decked out in flags.

Muzzey Jr. High School is now used as housing.

Visitor Center, above. Now (Jan. 2020) being enlarged.