My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday -- POOLE (2 generations) -- Massachusetts

William Pool  (Poole)
Born:  April 16, 1732, Medford, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
Died:  March 03, 1776, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
He married Elizabeth Ward (no cemetery stone located)

William Poole was my 4th great-grandfather.
William Poole buried at Old South Cemetery, Peabody, Essex Co., Massachusetts
I have two direct lines from William, stones are below.

Ward Poole
 Born:  April 17, 1763, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Died:  November 14, 1828, Salem, Essex Co., Massachusetts

His wife, Rebecca Seccomb (below)
Rebecca Seccomb
Born:  March 25, 1762, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Died:  November 23, 1832, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts

Ward and Rebecca were my 3rd great-grandparents.
Both buried at Harmony Grove Cemetery, Salem, Essex Co., Massachusetts

Fitch Poole, brother of Ward, son of William (both above).
Fitch Poole
Born:  February 13, 1772, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Died:  January 22, 1838, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts

His wife, Elizabeth "Eliza" Cutler
Born:  July 04, 1779, Hamilton, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Died:  April 22, 1854, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts

Fitch and Elizabeth were my 3rd great-grandparents.
Fitch and Elizabeth buried at Harmony Grove Cemetery, Salem, Essex Co., Massachusetts.

2 comments:

lindalee said...

Cemetery Gold Mine!!! I love love love William's tombstone. I wish I had family buried up in one New England's old cemeteries with an old stone like yours.

Barbara Poole said...

Thanks Linda. Fortunately a lot of the old stones are still standing. Glad you liked it.