My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wordless Wednesday -- December 25, 1888 Wedding Announcement

Mira Kilborn was my great-grandmother who committed suicide on the railroad tracks. If you wish to read about it, please see Not the Railroad Tracks.

5 comments:

Life Goes On said...

I missed that earlier post. What a sad story.

Heather Rojo said...

Very clever to post the invitation and wedding record together. I like that!

Carol said...

How wonderful you have the invitation. I would love to have some more of mine, only have a small handful.

lindalee said...

I will have to take the link to the other story after I finish this comment. Very sad. I think I only have one wedding invite in my collection of gene stuff. I also have a direct ancestor who was also married on Christmas Day....one of my paternal great great grandparents.

Barbara Poole said...

Thank you for your comments, and it is one of the things I treasure.