Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sights and Flowers of New York City in April

A beautiful and warm day on April 21, 2012, to walk around New York City to see familiar sights.





Radio City.
Inside Trump Towers, on an escalator, opposite mirrors and pink granite.

The NBC studios at Rockefeller Square (above) and inside Saint Patrick's Cathedral (below).

I was here on a very warm April day, everybody was out to enjoy the weather.






Bryant Park with popular Carousel and pink roses.


Skaters at Rockefeller Square, and lots of flowers in the plaza.


 New York Public Library on 5th Avenue.
 Pretty fancy public water fountain.
 Empire State Building as seen from inside the New York Public Library.


 The main reading room is called the Rose Room.