Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Two Samuel Newells, The Wills and the Deaths

As I organized  and re-read some of my ancestor's wills the other day, I remembered my confusion about the death dates of a father and son many years ago. Both had the same name. It wasn't until I got home that I discovered the son died two years before the father. It was pure luck that I printed both wills out, only because I looked at all the names on the reel with the same first and last name. Never had time to read any wills at the library, it was always done later.


The copies I made were on 11" x 17" size paper, so I could read them, and were copied at the New England Historic Genealogical Society's library in Boston many years ago. My two Samuel Newells were both from Farmington, Hartford Co., Connecticut. One record dated 1751, the other 1753. They followed each other on the microfilm, Roll 93 Probate Records C69 Hartford District, 1641-1880 (Neuberth - Norris, G.).


Because of the size of the wills, I brought the wills to FedEx yesterday, where they were scanned to a flash drive.
Samuel Newell died 1751 (the son)

Samuel Newell died 1753 (the father)

Genealogy report of my Newell Line, as presented in a previous post.
Gravestone photos of very early Newell ancestors.