My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Maine Historical Society and Library, Portland, Maine

Portland, Maine
When I went there in 1997, there was a spiral staircase to the top floor (you can see the floor above the door), and it never seemed safe. Fortunately, they took down that staircase.




Over the past two years, I've taken a lot of Historical Society photos. Below, is a running list of all the societies with appropriate links. (The list will be applied to each new Historical Society photo I post.)

CONNECTICUT

MAINE


VERMONT



No comments: