My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

John Houghton and Mary Farrar of Lancaster, Massachusetts -- Tombstone Tuesday



Here Lies Buried
ye Body of 
John Houghton,
Esquir, As You
Are So Ware We. 
As We Are So
you Will be. 
Who Died February ye 
3d Anno Domini
1736/7 and
in ye 87th
Year of his Age.

John Houghton and his wife, Mary Farrar were my 8th great-grandparents.
They were buried in the Old Common Burial Ground, Lancaster, Massachusetts. 

Here Lies Buried
ye Body of 
Mrs. Mary Houghton ye
Wife of John
Houghton Esq'r.
Who Died Apriel
ye 7th Ano DM, 1724,
& In ye 76 Year of Her Age.

Photos were taken April 2012, and just a few days ago, I noticed a new large stone with the cemetery name. Photo will be taken soon.

No comments: