Pages

My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

NARA Handouts from Boston, MA

Recently, I wrote a blog post titled, "The NARA in Boston (Waltham) Sure Has Changed, What Else is New?" In that article, I wrote, "I chatted a bit with the one staff person at the main desk, about all the changes. He suggested I take the flyers and said I could scan them and post to my blog, which I will do in a day or two." Below are some of the Reference Quick Guide sheets I took, several are two-sided (but not scanned to show here), and I didn't take a sample of every sheet. Unfortunately, they didn't have one for New Hampshire. The ones below are simply examples of what you can find if you go in person.
























2 comments:

Marian B. Wood said...

Hi Barbara, Very useful handouts, which I want to save for the future. Thanks so much for posting,
Marian

Barbara Poole said...

Hi Marian,
I only wish these were clearer and complete (as I mentioned, some were two-sided). I wonder if they are online. I'll go back one of these days and ask.