Infirmary, originally built in 1811.
First room we saw was the doctor's office. Doctors from the town would come to this house and see patients.
Sick room, above, the following might be for recovery or night nurses.
A bonnet (with initials of the deceased) and stockings were put on person before they were buried.
As stated, this is the Cemetery Chart for 1794-1971
Actual tombstones.“In 1903, the Canterbury Shaker Ministry decided to follow that recommendation and removed the gravestones. A year later, they received the gift of a single granite stone from friends of the community. It was simply inscribed “Shakers.” This monument was placed in the middle of the burial site where it remains today.” (See last photo for this statement.)