Pages

My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Favorite Cemeteries and Founders Monuments in Massachusetts


For some time, I have been thinking of posting a few of my favorite posts that Massachusetts researchers seem to enjoy. As the title states, they are cemeteries and Founders Monuments.

Special Monuments in Massachusetts


Founder's Monument  --  Watertown, Massachusetts

First Settlers of Newbury, Massachusetts

Founders of Hartford, Connecticut

Lexington, Massachusetts  --  One monument with 77 Names


Cemeteries in Massachusetts

A Makeover for a 1660 No. Andover, Massachusetts Cemetery plus a A Digital Guide to the Old Burial Ground  (See bottom of page.)


Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, MA  --  How to locate Records from Home or in Person

How to Find a Tombstone in the Old Cemetery in Lexington, MA, My Stearns / Stone for Tombstone Tuesday
South Parish, Andover   Three Cemetery Databases for One Cemetery and Not One was Complete. What Would You Do?

I Wanted to Know More and I Found a lot from a Great Cemetery Database Dedham

Watertown Book, with Map and List of Burials at the Arlington Street Burying Ground

Billerica Public Library, Billerica, Massachusetts (History and Genealogy Collection)
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4664905362839287500#editor/target=post;postID=2402006554964040875;onPublishedMenu=editor;onClosedMenu=editor;postNum=7;src=link

1 comment:

Marian B. Wood said...

Thanks so much for this handy list. I was searching for someone in the Mt Auburn, Cambridge cemetery a couple of years ago and happily, many of those stones are represented in Find-a-Grave.