My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Looking Back

When I posted my Top Ten Brick Walls, I should have mentioned that I realize $100 to solve a break through was a small amount. I could pay more, because I know the time and energy it would take to do it. Especially since I've spent years working on them.


Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my one year Blogiversary. If I ever want to remember what I did this past year, well that is my answer, I actually had a blog.


A follow-up on my blog about Historical Societies, this is the post now contains more photos of Historical Societies in New England. This month, I took additional pictures, they are from Massachusetts: Chelmsford Historical Society and Dracut Historical Society. From Maine is the Pejepscot Historical Society Museums in Brunswick.


If anybody wants to see what I wore for Halloween many years ago, two pictures can be seen from a post of a year ago. 


This month was pretty good for picture taking. Yesterday, I shared my day in three cemeteries, they were: Mount Auburn in Cambridge, MA (2), Lowell Cemetery, Lowell, MA and West Parish Cemetery in Andover, MA. Photos from all three (in order) are below. Yes, these are from cemeteries, although they look like parks. (Note: I will probably post these to my flower / nature blog as well.)




3 comments:

Carol said...

Love the photos, as always.

Keep on blogging, PLEASE!! :-)

Greta Koehl said...

I would love to take a visit to Mount Auburn Cemetery, especially in the fall. It's near the top of my list of things I miss about living in the Boston area. Thanks for posting these lovely pictures.

Barbara said...

Thank you Carol and Greta. Greta, it was a perfect day yesterday, and I took a series of pictures from The Tower, and will post soon (I thought of you).