My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Stevens Cooledge Estate and Gardens Revisited for 2014

Within the past few days, I've noticed a lot of people are finding my past post on the historic Stevens-Coolidge Place in No. Andover, Massachusetts. See that post HERE. I believe the word has finally gotten out about this beautiful estate (house is not open for touring) and fabulous grounds with the most cared for plants.

The house and gardens are 35 minutes from me, and I frequently go by it, on my way to other places or make it as a special trip. For those trying to find more information, I suggest you see their website. Please enjoy the flowers, photos taken last weekend. I'll be going again very soon to see the iris, peony, and orange poppy plants bursting with color. Later in the season, their very popular cutting garden will be open, and I'll make my own bouquets there.




 






Below photos taken May 30, 2014.


No comments: